Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dessert - Day 43


Tonight to the families delight I decided to cook dessert. Since starting GAPS the only Dessert the children have had is when Lillianne had here birthday. So they keep asking me are we REALLY having dessert. I think getting my Internal Bliss cook book inspired me a little to make something nice for everyone. My Goal when we finally get to full gaps is to not a dessert treat more than once a week, I don't want us to get addicted to sweet treats all the time. Anyhow I jump a little ahead to stage 5 to make this, as we have included all of stage 4, we just have to master being consist with all of the things everyday, which we haven't quite done yet. We will get there.

Food for today,
Mineral water, two positive out looks (supplements, from gaps australia)
Beef stock
Yoghurt
Chicken quiche, or sorts, we have roast chicken last night for dinner and had some left over, so I took the chicken and diced it, putting it in the bottom of my glass dish, diced veggies, onions, capsicum, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, and cauliflower really small like rice. Then beat some eggs with salt, pepper and thyme, and poured over the dish, as it turned out I didn't quite have enough eggs to fill the dish, so poured some extra chicken stock over the top to almost cover. Baked in the oven at 180C for about 50 mins.


Ok so the real recipe that I was going to share with you today was the one for dessert. I'm going to call it Apple Nut Bake.

Apple Nut Bake
8 apples peeled and diced
100g of pecans - Activated
100g of Walnuts - Activated
300g of Almond meal
400g butter
5 TB of Honey


Put the apples in the base of a baking dish. Sprinkle chopped Pecans and walnuts over the top, Cover with Almond meal. Sprinkle chopped butter over the top, with drops of honey. Bake in the Oven on 180C for 45mins.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment