Friday, May 25, 2012

GAPS White Bean (Lima) Birthday Cake


Well I have finally found my camera cord, so here as promised is the pictures from my Bean cake, that we enjoyed so much for my daughters birthday.

Recipe
3 cups of Cooked Lima beans.
9 Tbles of coconut oil
1 cup + 2tbls of honey
6 eggs
2 Tbles of Vanilla, I used my homemade vanilla essence.
3/4 tsp of good quality salt.
1 tsp of Bi Carb soda ( good quality, and optional)

Mix all ingredients together in a blender or food processor, until well combined. Pour into a with greased cake pan. Bake for 40-45 mins on 180C, or a little longer if not quite set.

I served mine with Yoghurt mixed with kvass to make it pink, drizzled over the top, and then covered with berries. :0)

So here is it again with the birthday girl :0)

I think she looks happy.

9 comments:

  1. Where can I get white navy beans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got mine from the grain grocer, however you should be able to get them at most health food stores, I have seen them a few times at coles, but I haven't looked recently so can't be sure. If you aren't avoiding any types of beans you can use any white beans. We are only allowed a few beans on GAPS, so navy beans is one of the beans on our allowed list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! Isn't it amazing you can make a cake out of beans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks awesome and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. The children have all put orders in to have bean cake for their birthdays. :)

      Delete
  5. can someone tell me what the texture of this cake ends up being? -- I've done this recipe in the past and ended up with a mushy mess -- I wonder if I didn't drain the bean enough after cooking them -- could that be the issue??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it has always turned out as a texture like a moist cake. Not a mushy mess, if it is like you probably need to cook it for longer. Cook on a low temp for a longer time. Draining the beans well would also help but I have never been too fussy with that.

      Delete
  6. That cake is to live for! :) thank you Christina

    ReplyDelete