Thursday, May 10, 2012

Moving into our new life. Day 24

During the process of doing this diet we are not only changing our food habits, but also our life ones. While there are still feelings of missing out on some things. There is also excitement that I am going to be challenged to be creative in the kitchen. Try out new recipes that I might never have come across before embarking on this journey. I'm looking forward to learning how to bake with coconut flour. I look forward to making a flour less orange cake. I look forward to make Lemon and strawberry Kefir Cheese cake, and kefir Ice cream. I also bet my family are really looking forward to it as well :0)

Freedom from food is something else we have been talking about lately. Both Ben and I have been talking about how food can bring back memories, particularly from your childhood. Also how the media plays a huge part in our perceptions of foods. The look, sounds, smells, descriptions all work together to entice you to enjoy what ever food they are selling. I was talking with my children today about the food business, and how there job is to get you to buy their food, they don't have any real vested interest in your health. The only person that has a real invested interest in your health and what you put into your mouth is you. However saying that food is very powerful, wars have been fought over it, civilisations have collapsed due to lack of it, food companies spend a lot of money designing their products to be addictive, so we will crave it and want to buy it over and over again. That is probably one of the biggest things that I like about this diet, in that you are become removed from it. I feel like we are in a safe place at the moment to recover and learn to take charge of our eating. Where we make the choices, not the addictions and sugar cravings. Also because you are removed from anything processed, you have time to retrain your taste buds, food becomes more flavourful, we are both learning to enjoy food more. So for me the test of when we are free from the hold that bad food has over us is when we can happily sit across from something eating a food that we once loved, and not feel anything about it. That it doesn't evolve any negative feels. That for me is the sign that I am actually free for it.

Today has been an up and down day to me emotionally, however I think that has more to do with a real lack of sleep last night, with Xavier wanting to feed pretty much all night, and when I was finally dozing he bit me. So by 4am this morning I had enough and got up with him and Isaac. So needless to say I'm really looking forward to bed tonight.

Food today
Mineral water
breakfast meat balls, with beef stock gravy, scrambled eggs, avocado, and sauteed onions.
Lunch was veggies cooked in beef stock and some the extra lamb from yesterdays dinner.
Dinner, was garlic, ghee and honey stir fry.

The stir fry that we had for dinner was enjoyed by the whole family. While there was honey in the dish I only add 2 tablespoons for the whole dish to serve 8 people, I was really surprised how strong it tasted for me, while only a short while ago I would have been adding more to just to be able to taste it. We have both upped our Bio Kult dose, Ben is having some die off, when he gets a bigger die off, his feet ache until he has a detox bath to help clear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment