Friday, April 20, 2012

Gaps Intro day 3

Day 3 and my muscles and joints are sort, my brain is still fog, but I think it's a little better than the last few days. I have a rash on my stomach that developed not long after my last baby was born, about 10 months ago. I didn't want to go to a doctor about as they would probably prescribe a steroid. Which I didn't want to use, for a number reason. I like avoid medication if I can, but also during my last pregnancy my son threatened to come early at 32 weeks, so the hospital thought it was best to give a steroid to help his lungs develop incase he came early. Well I reacted to the steroids and my pancreas came close to not working at all. SO was one high doses of Insulin. In the end he was 5 weeks early. Anyhow back to the rash, today I see that it is faded slightly. My no means is it gone or cleared up, but there is changed there for the better.

My husband on the other hand has had worst stomach pains. He is in pain but says that he thinks the diet is doing something. So looking forward to seeing results there with his body.

Food today.
Water with minerals.
Chicken stock - I prefer the chicken stock to drink over the beef and any other stock. I prefer the beef and meater stocks to cooking in and with.
Breakfast sausages, this time a mix between pork and beef mince. boiled carrots and broccoli and gravy.

Lunch was pumpkin soup

Dinner was slow cooked lamb (boiled slowly, in the slow cooker)
served with broccoli, carrots and mashed cauliflower, and served with the stock blender gravy.

We also introduced sauerkraut juice with each meal today.
A detox bath in Apple cider vinegar.

An interesting note, when you go on any diet or fast like this were you are freeing yourself from the control of food and start to see how much food has ruled you life. For me it makes me realise how unfair I am being when I make a choice to put something unhealthy in my mouth. I'm being unfair to myself, robbing myself of joy, energy, happiness and so on. Robbing my husband and children but not letting them have the best of me. I have lots to look forward to on this diet. Most of all bring alignment to my life.

For those thinking of doing the diet here is a link that you might find useful.

http://gapsaustralia.com.au/

2 comments:

  1. Your doing great! Very inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your encouragement. Can't wait to see all the good results.
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete