Friday, November 23, 2012

Big day.

Well today has been a big tiring day. I woke this morning at 6pm, was giving my son some food, and felt a small gush. At first I thought I had wet myself, but I had already been to the toilet, so I went to check. When I got to the bathroom I discovered blood, and what seemed like lots of it. This is how my morning began. Today is my daughters birthday as well. Shortly after I went on to pass a golf ball size clot. Thinking that I had lost my baby, I decided I needed to go the hospital, as I'm O- and needed to get an anti D shot. Before going we decided to break the diet for the day, and took the children to MacDonalds for breakfast, being a birthday and not wanting the whole day to be ruined for her, we thought it would be fun. Wow, the food wasn't as satisfying as one might imagine after not eating for 8 months. And boy did I feel sick afterwards. Anyway after spending most of the day at the hospital, we don't have a lot of news. The bleeding stopped after about 2.5 hours, and my pregnancy hormones are still high, my bloods got messed up so there wasn't a lot more they could tell me. At the moment we are not sure if I am still pregnant, or not, or what has happened. Due to it being the weekend tomorrow they weren't able to get me into a scan, or pregnancy assessment. The doctors at the er weren't sure if I lost the baby, or if I had twins and lost one of those babies, or if the pregnancy had emplanted in a bad position, like over the cervix or over my c-section scar. It could also be that the baby has died and my body is holding on to most of it, which then we will need to make a decision about waiting to see if my body will release it or whether we need to do something about it. On a positive not I still have morning sickness which is not fun but a good sign. Also I've had no pain at all, which is another good sign. So will have to go to the gps this week, and organise a scan, and get checked out. Will hopefully know more after the scan, and will no doubt keep you updates.

Oh and to top the day off completely, we left in a hurry and left our back door open, so when we got home we discovered a few of the chickens had been in the house and pooped on the floor. Grrrr. Just what we needed.

Thanks Christina


  1. Oh what a hard day! Thinking of you all Christina, and hoping it's good news when you get the scan. Love and prayers xo

  2. Oh gosh, what a hard day. I'm sorry (sort of) that your 'treat' of mcdonalds wasn't even as good as you were expected. I pray for God's wisdom, strength & comfort for you at this time. And keep saying Jeremiah 29:11 to yourself. "'I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future'". He knows what he's doing, even if we don't. ((hugs)) love, Claire