Sunday, June 8, 2014

Conducting a Choir.

Since the restarting of life after Marcella's birth, where I came very close to dying, there have a been a number of things that I have taken on for the first time in my life.

One of these things is conducting the homeschool choir this year.  It was a fun, stressful, challenging and a nerve wrecking experience. LOL.  I have sung in choirs all my school years, and for me it was one of my highlights.  I was in my high schools concert choir, getting to perform at many events. This was the first time I have ever conducted one, and I new have a new found respect for my conductors growing up.

The song that we sang was "King of Kings"
which seems very simply until you add in the round. So my challenge was to keep each group singing the correct part of the song, while also keeping track of how many times they sang then song, then getting them to sing it as fast as they could.

The performance went really well, and the children did a great job scoring 84 points. Our choir was much younger than the other choirs that entered their category. That being said there was only 6 points between the winners and us.

I was very proud of the children and their efforts. I am also proud of me for swallowing my normally shy self, and jumping back into to something that I have loved for most of my life.  It was a good reminder of how much I enjoy the performing arts.

~ Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment